- We have recently invested in the latest digital radiography equipment. This enables us to take high quality radiographs which are viewed on a computer screen.
- We can alter exposures and enlarge images to allow us to better diagnose your pet’s problem. This facility is especially useful in very small exotic species.
- We have the facilities to perform contrast radiography.
- We can take BVA KC hip and elbow score radiographs.
- Ultrasound is used to image soft tissue structures. We have a state-of-the-art ultrasound scanner which is used to examine the abdominal and thoracic cavities. Information can be gained about the kidneys, liver, spleen, intestines, bladder and uterus.
- Colour flow ultrasound enables us to assess heart problems and investigates heart murmurs in detail.
- Pregnancy diagnosis can be performed from 30 days.
- Endoscopes allow us to visualise areas inside the body.
- We have 4 endoscopes –
- A 3mm flexible bronchoscope for looking inside the respiratory tract.
- An 8mm gastroscope for examining the gastrointestinal tract and used to remove oesophageal and some gastric foreign bodies.
- 1.9mm and 2.7mm rigid scopes – used to examine the nasal cavities of dogs and cats and to explore the body cavities of reptiles and birds.
- The scopes all run via a video system – the images are enlarged onto a video screen during the procedure. They will also allow us to take samples of any abnormal areas identified during the procedure and hopefully diagnose your pet’s illness.
Inflamed stomach lining
- We have multiple piped gas anaesthetic stations. All anaesthetics are continually monitored by one of our fully trained and experienced veterinary nurses.
- Pulse oximetry, capnography and automated ventilation are available where necessary.
- Blood pressure monitoring
24 Hour Emergency Admissions
Small animal & exotics: 01509 812446
Equine: 01509 812445
Surgeries & Appointments
Small Animal & Exotics
Monday - Friday: 8:30AM - 7:00PM
Saturday: 9:00AM - 12.00PM
Monday - Friday: 8:30AM - 6:00PM