As you will be aware parts of Leicester have had the lockdown guidance extended for a minimum period of 14 days. In light of this action taken by the Government, we would like to remind clients of the strict protocols we have in place at the hospital for your visit:
- When you make your appointment via the telephone, the reception team will give you full instructions on what to do when you arrive at the practice. We would encourage you to wear gloves and face coverings whilst on hospital premises to protect our staff members.
- When you arrive for your appointment, please pull into a numbered bay and call reception (01509812446) and give your bay number. A vet or nurse will come out to you to collect your pet and any conversations regarding admitting/discharge will be done via the telephone. YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED INTO THE BUILDING.
- Please rest assured that any pens that are used by clients are sanitised after use – if we offer a pen to you this will be clean.
- PLEASE NOTE WE WILL NOT BE REGISTERING ANY NEW CLIENTS AT THIS TIME – WE WILL UPDATE FURTHER AS AND WHEN THIS SITUATION CHANGES.
- On arrival at the hospital, please DO NOT GET OUT OF YOUR VEHICLE. Pull up to the gates and call reception (01509 812445) and give your name.
- A nurse or vet will give you instructions to drive into the yard and our team will arrange to unload your horse from the vehicle. Please DO NOT GET OUT OF YOUR VEHICLE.
- We would encourage you to wear gloves/face coverings and maintain a 2 metre distance should you be required to discuss your horse’s care with a vet or nurse
- When arriving to collect your horse, the same procedure will apply and our team will load your horse onto your vehicle – there is no need for you to get out of your vehicle.
- NEW CLIENTS ARE WELCOME FOR THE EQUINE HOSPITAL, HOWEVER ZONE VISITS ARE NOT AVAILABLE AT THE MOMENT – WE WILL UPDATE FURTHER AS AND WHEN THIS SITUATION CHANGES
Thank you for your ongoing support during this difficult time. It is a new way of working for all of us and we expect these measures to be in place for the foreseeable future.