- Chine House offers an equine internal medicine referral service. This service is led by Dr Kirstie Pickles BVMS MSc PhD CertEM(IntMed) DipECEIM MRCVS and can be provided at our hospital, at your veterinary clinic or client’s yard. We are able to bring all our diagnostic equipment to you. We have ultrasound, a gastroscope, respiratory endoscopes (including dynamic overground scope), telemetric ECG and digital radiography. Services include, but are not restricted to:
- Neurology including headshaking and percutaneous electrical nerve stimulations (PENS) therapy
- Cardiology including telemetric ECG and echocardiography
- Muscle disorders
- Respiratory disease
- Foal medicine
- Endocrine disorders and laminitis
- GI disorders (recurrent colic, ulcers, diarrhoea, weight loss)
- Infectious disease and biosecurity
- Poor performance
- Overground endoscopy
- Hepatic and renal disease
Kirstie graduated from Glasgow Veterinary School in 1996 and completed her residency training and PhD at The Royal (Dick) School of Veterinary Studies, Edinburgh. She has worked in both private practice and academia, including Massey University, New Zealand, the University of California, Davis and the University of Edinburgh. Kirstie is also an FEI qualified veterinary surgeon for endurance riding and worked at the Beijing Olympic and Paralympic Games in Hong Kong in 2008. She has published widely on trigeminal mediated headshaking, equine asthma syndrome (previously RAO) and cyathostomins.
If you wish to refer a medicine case or seek an external consultation, please call Chine House Veterinary Hospital on 01509 812445 or email Kirstie at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We are equipped to undertake around-the-clock observation and treatment of critically ill horses. Our isolation unit permits the hospitalisation and treatment of horses suffering from contagious diseases. Samples can be rapidly analysed in the on-site laboratory (in use 24 hours per day).
24 Hour Emergency Admissions
Small animal & exotics: 01509 812446
Equine: 01509 812445
Please note that calls will be monitored or recorded
Surgeries & Appointments
Small Animal & Exotics
Monday - Friday: 8:00AM - 7:00PM
Saturday: 9:00AM - 12.00PM
Monday - Friday: 8:00AM - 6:00PM