Why refer to us?
- The care of your clients’ horse, pony or donkey is the most important thing to us. We employ RCVS specialists in both surgery and internal medicine and our team of hospital vets and anaesthetists are dedicated to providing your clients’ animals with the very best treatment and care.
- Our nursing team includes RCVS diploma holders in equine nursing and is highly trained and dedicated to providing 24 hour nursing care. We could cut costs by employing fewer nurses but we recognise that the quality of the nursing team plays a huge part in the overall care that your clients’ animals receive.
- Our equine hospital provides stabling for up to 19 horses, 2 isolation units, a large manège and dedicated trot up and lunging areas, fully equipped operating theatre, facilities for standing surgery and equine diagnostic imaging equipment, including digital radiography, videoendoscopy and ultrasonography. There is also a laboratory on site, enabling us to perform rapid testing.
- We will send you a detailed report after we have seen the case. If at any stage you would like an update on a case in the hospital, or some advice about a case you are managing, please do call us or send an e-mail. We will fax or e-mail you a copy of the discharge instructions on the day the horse is discharged so that you know the patient has gone home and you will be up to date, should the client contact you before our final report arrives.
- We are happy to support our referring vets with readily available advice on cases, even if they are not referred, and free verbal reporting of radiographs.
How to refer to us:
- We recognise that there are many different reasons to refer a case and we are always happy to discuss a case with you prior to committing to a referral. If you wish to refer a case, contact the office on 01509 812445, fax us the details on 01509 816145 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Generally, for non-urgent appointments, we will contact the owners directly to arrange the appointment details. We request that referring veterinarians should provide us with a full case history for any case they are referring, including the results of any diagnostic procedures they have already undertaken and any treatment or medication that the horse has received.
24 Hour Emergency Admissions
Small animal & exotics: 01509 812446
Equine & farm: 01509 812445
Surgeries & Appointments
Small Animal & Exotics
Monday - Friday: 8:30AM - 7:00PM
Saturday: 9:00AM - 12.00PM
Equine & Large Animal
Monday - Friday: 8:30AM - 6:00PM