- Equine dentistry is an extremely important part of a horse’s primary care programme.
- We recommend that your horse’s mouth and teeth are examined every 6-12 months depending on their age, dental history and oral conformation. This ensures problems can be diagnosed early and good routine dentistry can be performed to prevent serious dental problems arising. Dental examinations are often performed at the same time as your horse’s annual vaccinations.
- Each of our vets has a full range of specialist dental equipment to provide routine dentistry and some minor dental surgical techniques (e.g. removal of wolf teeth) on our clients’ premises. Our vets are able to administer intravenous sedation or painkillers and use local anaesthetic techniques to minimise the stress to nervous animals.
- Animals that require more advanced dental care, investigations or surgery can be managed at the hospital by our surgical specialist. Click here for further information.
- Further information on equine dentistry can be found in our articles section.
24 Hour Emergency Admissions
Small animal & exotics: 01509 812446
Equine: 01509 812445
Please note that calls will be monitored or recorded
Surgeries & Appointments
Small Animal & Exotics
Monday - Friday: 8:00AM - 7:00PM
Saturday: 9:00AM - 12.00PM
Monday - Friday: 8:00AM - 6:00PM