“Experienced and caring team providing 24 hour care for all equines”
- Chine House Equine Hospital was first established in 1952. The equine practice has expanded greatly since then to become the largest equine practice in the East Midlands, comprising a large, specialist, equine hospital and ambulatory practice.
- Currently 12 veterinary surgeons work in the equine practice, supported by over 20 nursing, stable and office staff.
- Many of the vets in the practice have special areas of interest. Between them, the vets hold three Diplomas and five RCVS post-graduate Certificates. We have specialists in both equine surgery and internal medicine caring for our clients’ horses as well as taking referrals from across the Midlands. This means your horse will benefit from the immense depth of knowledge and experience of all 12 vets through regular case discussions. We also aim to provide a very personal service with good continuity of care.
- Our first opinion, ambulatory practice and hospital are fully integrated with each other. As a result, we are able to provide the highest standard of veterinary care for our patients. With a large team of ambulatory vets always on the road, most procedures can be performed at your own premises. If we feel your horse requires more specialist attention, we can use the back-up of our RCVS Accredited Equine Veterinary Hospital for more complex procedures and surgery. Referrals are welcomed from other neighbouring practices.
- The practice prides itself on investment in the most modern and up-to-date equipment, as well as training of the vets within the practice, to provide the best possible veterinary care to all its equine patients.
More information about the Chine House Equine Hospital
24 Hour Emergency Admissions
Small animal & exotics: 01509 812446
Equine: 01509 812445
Surgeries & Appointments
Small Animal & Exotics
Monday - Friday: 8:30AM - 7:00PM
Saturday: 9:00AM - 12.00PM
Monday - Friday: 8:30AM - 6:00PM